I remember reading somewhere that "you may start to show around week 16." You know, when you move from a little thick around the middle to people guessing you're pregnant.
As the last post pointed out, I surpassed that a long time ago, but the "proof is in the pudding".
He we are near the end of week 15. Can you tell I'm pregnant? (haha)
Happy Easter!
Some of you may be looking at this photo thinking, "Yeah, right. You're totally sticking out your stomach for a greater affect."
Well folks, I'm afraid that's the old scoliosis rearing it's ugly head because I was tired. Here's an outtake where I'm clearly standing up straight. I think it's the best representation of "the bump" we captured.
I know the tone of my writing might suggest otherwise, but I'm actually quite happy to be showing early. I'm one of those weirdos who was ready to go buy maternity pants the day we found out we we're pregnant. Why aren't all pants made with that much elastic, sigh.
Fun Photo Fact: Does that blue doily on the wall look familiar to anyone? It was part of our wedding centerpieces! The pearl necklace I might have last worn on our wedding day (I always forget to accessorize), and the flower on it was a shower gift decoration from someone special.
Other week 15 events:
-Baby Movement Felt!-
I actually first started feeling the baby during week 14. It happened so fast and so infrequent, though, that I thought I was making it up in my mind. I woke up Palm Sunday (April 1), rolled over, and felt a microscopic butterfly fluttering away in my tummy. The rockin' and rollin' really picked up during church. I think the baby moved to kicking inward during the week because I felt movement less and less. Followed by my first why can't I feel the baby move mini freak out. Our Easter Bunny gift this morning was even more movement. The baby likes sermons and hearing Daddy play in the church band the most, especially today when David took his acoustic kit to church for the outdoor service.
-Baby Went On His or Her 4th Photo Shoot-
Baby is also preparing for first event photography next Saturday. A Quinceneara! A first for me too!
-Baby's Second Birthday Party-
Grandad Harmon and Uncle Larry both turn a year older this month.
-The Dr. Says it's a Boy!-
Don't get too excited. That's not an official announcement. The doctor this time is our family Doc as in David's eldest sister. Boy is her official guess. She has a boy and a girl and a PhD so I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was right!
If that wasn't enough "quotation marks" for you, check back next week. We're going to try and keep up the photo journaling of the baby changes weekly.
-D, T, ? and S


Mrs. Harmon you are too cute! I love those pics. You are so cute in your stretchy clothes! Oh I wish I could lay hands on that baby belly right now! Can't wait to see/ hear about the next sono. Congrats on baby fluttering! p.s. Get some Bio Oil & rub on your tummy ALL the time, starting now. You will not regret it! Luv A
ReplyDeleteGot so excited to see "baby bump," I could hardly continue talking to your Mom on the phone. You look wonderful. David takes great pics too! And movement too -- what a blessed Easter. I'm with Allison, hope you can handle the laying on of hands. Want to start lovin' on your baby right away. The journaling makes us feel like we are right there with you. Thanks for sharing the joy!! Flying to Brooke tomorrow (4/10), Dr.s appt. on Wed., then Uncle Ronnie drives up Sat., if Spencer waits til then. Love and hugs to you all, Aunt Deanna (& Uncle Ronnie too)
ReplyDeleteMore blog updates, please!! Aunt D is back home for a while and missing latest T D S & ? news. Hugs, Aunt D
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding, Blog? Do you really think I would be awake enough to comment at 6:26 a.m.? S.A. time is 8:26 a.m. That's early enough for me! Ha, Ha!!
ReplyDelete