Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Third Trimester just around the corner!

We've been busy bees starting with a road trip to see Grandma Patton in Oklahoma over Memorial Day weekend.  In case you're wondering, that IS a long drive.  We broke up the first leg by getting into Denton, TX around midnight and then continuing on the next morning.  On the way back we did the full ten hours of driving plus time spent every hour getting out to walk.  The best part of Oklahoma besides getting to spend time with Grandma and meeting one of her sisters and nephew for the first time, was, of course, Braum's.  We hit as many as we could while there (driving to Cushing frequently) and on the way out of OK.

There's always something nice about being away in a city most people have never heard of and would have trouble finding on a map, or at least we think so.  It really makes obvious what is really important in life.  The baby also got plenty of Oklahoma water in him so his roots feel a little more complete.  Oh, yeah.  We've nearly finished telling people in person around here so if you hadn't heard already, we're having a boy!!

Baby's First Trip to GG's house in Oklahoma

To answer the next most frequently asked question:  Yes we have a list of names, he may even be named, but we won't be sharing until he's born. 

Week 23, my laptop met tragedy just as I was about to start editing two photo shoots.  It's officially dead thus the lack of border and correct font in the photos this week.  The good news is that most of what I lost was personal stuff and we have a plan to try and pull the hard drive and get the rest backed up.  Then, we'll take it in and see what can be done with it. 


Week 24 - no photo.  For the last two Saturday nights I haven't slept.  This past Saturday it was because baby boy mistook my stomach for an MMA (mixed martial arts) ring.  It really amazes me that according to averages he's only about 8.5 inches long and a pound and half, but he's strong enough for his kicks, turns and arm movements to feel like he's going to leap out of me a la Aliens movie.  It's not that I didn't expect to feel something like that.  I just didn't expect to feel it before the third trimester.  So, while most were in a R.E.M. cycle at 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning,  I was rocking our little mister trying to get him to settle down after hours of being pummeled.  Luckily, our nursery rocker arrived a couple of weeks ago and it did the trick.  After about 20 minutes he settled down and I was able to sleep a couple hours before we had to be at church at 8 a.m. for band practice (David) and to set up communion (me).  So, needless to say, I was asleep Sunday during the day when we'd usually take a photo.   

I've tried to capture on video some of this pummeling since it is clearly visible from the outside, but with no luck.  It seems he's just as camera shy as Shakespeare.  

Next week we have our 26 week check up and glucose test.  Yuck!  Hopefully the "orange drink" for it is not as bad to get down as I've heard.

  





1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to meet this boy! Gonna read him a good book! And that test is no big deal..just chug it down, wait an hour then go get a milkshake!

    ReplyDelete