Tuesday, August 21, 2012

June/July ReCap and the Beginning of August

June 30th
Book Shower in Gruene
(27 Weeks) 

David showed up just in time to open his present and carry the rest to the car.


28 Weeks




29 weeks
Visit from Karen and Lindsay
(Too much eating and site seeing to take pictures :)

30 Weeks
Rice U. Lied. -  Grad school actually started this weekend with a 12 hour orientation.
My parents came into town to help me finish VBS decorations and do some chores.
Too tired fo photos.

31 Weeks
VBS.  Exhausting but fun.


Pro photos taken by Jessica of Ella-Fante (one of our wedding photographers who luckily lives here in Houston!) just a couple of days before our second wedding anniversary.





32 Weeks - 2 years Married
San Antonio Shower with our St. Paul Family




33 Weeks
My best friend of 20+ years, Allison, drove in from central TX this week (while David was at his Rice immersion week) to help organize the nursery.  Somehow it's ready to go and a complete disaster zone in there.  Photos pending.




34 Weeks
Pediatrician picked!!
Shower hosted by my WOW Bible Study group.  
(Photos on Mother-in-law's camera.  Posting TBD.)

Marathon nap Sunday.  No photos.

What else have we been doing?  Extreme nesting, of course.  The office is finally nearly put together after 2 years of marriage.  Closets have been cleared out, organized, house vacuumed from ceiling to floors, and David, as I mentioned before, has been working on group assignments, reading a ton of case studies and going to class (1.5 credits done! 50.5 to go) for his MBA program since July 21st.  David's birthday was celebrated during VBS prep week and orientation.  We saw the new Batman movie for his birthday on his birthday, and we have now entered the every week phase of O.B. appointments.  

We have three appointments, including this weeks', scheduled and then we're a couple weeks out from our due date.  The baby is doing very well and I'm feeling pretty mobile and complaint free.  Yes, rolling over in bed takes a combined act of extreme will power and super human strength, but, amazingly, I have people ask when I'm due and I still feel shocked people can tell I'm pregnant.  Yes, we have mirrors in our house.  I just don't feel ginormo.  My biggest third trimester worry was that I would have back pain since I already have back issues.  I had one week (around VBS) that was not great, but since then no complaints.  Apparently sleeping with 5 pillows does the trick.  The blessings keep on coming, and we feel so blessed to have the support and love of so many friends and our families to help us prepare for our Little Guy.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!




1 comment:

  1. Aww! You are such a pretty preggo. Proud to call you my friend. Can't wait to meet Hank!

    ReplyDelete